Saturday, September 19, 2015

September Dance

September Sky
20 x 20 inches, Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
L. Nickles ©2015

I have an affinity for beautiful skies, especially white fluffy clouds against a deep blue September sky.  Often when I am painting such a scene, my head just gets lost in the clouds!  This photo does not show the detail so well, but I used a palette knife for the horizon, allowing slight texture.  Also, I let some of the transparent red underpainting show through.  I may decide to go back and change it, but I like it for now. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the soft colours in this sky, the red showing through adds a great contrast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Azra! I'm glad you like my sky.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.