Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Autumn Field

Autumn Field
12 x 9 inches, Oil on Panel
L. Nickles ©2015

The sultry hot, humid weather of the South has temporarily passed, and the cooler morning temperatures are a welcome relief.  I know that the temperatures here may continue to fluctuate for the next few weeks, which is normal.  It is the light at this time of the year that I love the most.  I've been paying a lot of attention to trees lately, mainly because our new setting offers so many to study. I love observing the light and shadows of these trees. My goal is to overcome the fear of painting this subject and do a decent job.

Our new home is just about ready, and we expect to move in by the end of the month. Yay! It has been a long process, and I can't wait to share photos with you, particularly my new studio!


3 comments:

  1. so so pretty...I like the golden look/glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done more than a decent job with the trees and I also love the light!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've mastered them to me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.