Friday, August 28, 2015

Open Sky

Open Sky
20 x 20 inches, Gallery wrap canvas
L. Nickles  ©2015

It has been a really long time since I've posted. Life has been a little crazy.  We have been waiting for the completion of our new home.  I don't want to think about when, but it will be soon.  One day while I was visiting the site, some large 7-foot construction panels fell on me. I had a few bruises, but the sudden movement injured my neck.  It's nothing serious, but I was unable to turn my head for six weeks.  Holding a paint brush only exacerbated things.  After weeks of physical therapy, I am finally feeling relief.  Backing out of a parking space, I discovered, was my greatest challenge. Actually, it was scary!

Our skies in the Lowcountry have been extraordinary this summer.  I've been working on capturing some of the drama.  I hope you have had a extraordinary summer!

5 comments:

  1. Oh!!! So sorry to hear about your injury, but very happy that have recovered enough to paint this beautiful sky!! How I crave to see such skies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so sorry to hear about your accident. That must have been very painful. Hope you're all better soon. Love this painting. Looks like you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you are doing much better since your injury! This painting is beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for all your nice comments. I appreciate hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.