Thursday, March 13, 2014

Racy Red Radishes


Racy Red Radishes
10x10 inches, Oil on Linen

Lately I've been having fun exploring new subject matter and trying new techniques. Some things work, while others do not.  The important thing is that I'm ready to take some risks and really challenge myself, in order to grow artistically.  I paint primarily with a limited palette, but have been experimenting with paint application, using brush strokes and palette knife.  If you have followed my blog for a while, you know that I paint primarily marsh scenes.  Well, this cold drab winter seemed the perfect time to stay in my studio and try something different. I've enjoyed really it!  Thank you for following my work, and all of your encouraging comments.

Oh, I'm not sure these radishes qualify as "racy", but I couldn't resist!

15 comments:

  1. WOW!! These are gorgeous, I love the lost and found edges and the whole composition. I would say this is most definitely a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Azra! I really had fun painting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your radishes are Oo La La! Love the reflection you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jacklyn… Your "Ooh La La" made me laugh, in a good way. I think it goes with "Racy"! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think racy is the right word since some radishes can be extremely spice. Nice Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, then "racy" it is! Thank you for stopping by, Jerry. I appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the colors work. there is something very light and spicy present.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this radish painting--wonderful! You did a great job--just beautiful and like that title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radishes have to be so much fun to paint. These are just incredible! Love how you have used soft and hard edges to direct my eye. Racy works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Linda! Your blog posts always make me smile, and it is so fun to see what all you've been busy painting. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, Judy, Cathy, and Darla… thank you for the compliments. It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice painting Linda. Soft but bold at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this painting Linda....a perfect title!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.