Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thinking Poultry



Fowl Play
14x11 Gallery Wrap Canvas
L. Nickles©2013

With the most favorite American holiday, Thanksgiving, just around the corner, I have poultry on my mind.  Okay, so this isn't a turkey, but I couldn't resist this colorful guy. Or is it a girl? In fact, I think it's a rooster, but it could be a chicken! You can tell, I'm clearly in the dark when it comes to farm animals.  I think I need to go spend some time on a farm.  I'd like to find one where I can hang out with the animals during the day, then get a pedicure at the end of the day.  Yes, a farm/spa! So, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

This colorful painting is done on a deep gallery wrap canvas.  It's all ready to hang!

It's a busy time with family and food preparation.  I'm not sure if I will get to post again, so here's wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone … and safe travels!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour, lovely loose brushwork, this guy is beautiful!! I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful rooster--yes, it's a boy. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Azra!

    Ahh, thanks, Judy! Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors on your rooster. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful rooster! Love the color, size and how it fills the canvas!

    haha! A farm/spa! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Rooster. Yes, roosters are males. Ha! Thanks so much for coming to see me in Savannah and bringing me good luck. It means a lot that you came. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous rooster and Happy Thanksgiving, Linda! Maybe you are the creator of the farm/spa. Or maybe Sharon can host a farm/spa day for you...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.