Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Glorious Moment

Glorious Moment
6x6, Oil on Panel
L. Nickles©2013

Easing back to my studio, after being away for a week, seems challenging today.  I think I've got a stomach bug!  At the moment sleep is more appealing than putting brush to canvas, but I did manage to produce this little study.  We always have gorgeous skies in my area, and they inspire me.  I really love those pink, glorious skies!

How is it possible that we are already being hit with the Holiday shopping madness? It's way too soon, in my opinion.  I'm still enjoying my pumpkins!  Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky in this one Linda!!
    Pinks and yellows and blues....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, feel better soon! Is it ok for me to still say "glorious" when you said it first? Your skies are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skies are my weakness. This is gorgeous. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Hope you're over the bug this morning!
    Beautiful sky and beautifully captured as always!

    I can't agree more about Christmas! I've always embraced the holiday and consciously worked to retrieve that magic I loved as a child - but it's getting harder to get past having the commercial aspect crammed evermore down our throats. Just two days ago, my sweet husband cut a bouquet of probably the last of our flowers which included a white Iris! And this is northern Indiana! It's hard to think Christmas when we still have roses blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy seeing your "big sky" scenes. Sounds like you have had lots of fun and excitement lately. Love seeing the beautiful progression in your work! I will be in Savannah this coming weekend if you are recuperated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no Linda! I hope you feel better! I must have escaped the bug because I'm doing okay. It hasn't hampered your painting at all! Love this one! It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky looks spectacular!! I hope you feel better soon Linda, a big hug from me.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this beautiful sky. So pretty!!! I hope you are feeling better soon, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful colors and the title is perfect. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.