Saturday, October 26, 2013

Party of Three

Party of Three
6x12 inches, Oil on Panel
L. Nickles©2013

This painting was mostly done using a palette knife, on a 6x12 inch panel, which is a different size than I generally use.  The longer format offers some interesting possibilities for composition.  Whenever my painting time is limited, a palette knife can be very handy tool.   Sometimes I just love to put the paint down, without worrying too much and just have fun! October continues to be a very busy time for me.  I've had a lot of house guests, which has been a good thing.  I love entertaining, and showing our houseguests around town, but it doesn't leave much time for painting.  It's okay, I'm enjoying the moment!  I hope you are too!


9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Linda. Ripe and juicy looking. your background works so well. Someday maybe I will let loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous still life painting Linda!! I agree it is fun to use a palette knife now and then....the clean up is so quick and easy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! And fun! I love the lively knifework! Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful little still life and fun composition. Love your knife work! You are inspiring me to go back and work on my knife techniques some more. I do like the 6 x 12 format too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your nice feedback... Susan, Debi, Darla, and Cathy. I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your enjoyment and joy in painting comes through in this lively and beautiful painting!! The pears look like they have room to breath in this format which gives the whole composition a more chilled out feel. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great composition and color on this - I am enjoying showing your work to our Pawley's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the composition and color on this - we are enjoying sharing your work with our Pawley's friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your color choices and composition, Linda! Hope you are having fun at your workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.